Completed reading: Together: The Healing Power of Human Connection in a Sometimes Lonely World by Vivek H. Murthy

 I had no idea that that how much I would be involved in this book, when I first picked it for reading. But as I moved on, I realized that this is one book we all must read. 

I had never seen loneliness as such a serious issue. Though after reading the book, I realized that I also had some phases of loneliness in my life. I know that something was amiss but I was not able to name it or even recognize it. This book can be used as a tool to introspect our past or present (in order to find out if we ever had or has loneliness).

This book has shed light on loneliness in life of school kids, adolescents and even adults. There are few very good parenting tips also given in the book, though I feel that a complete separate book is required to discuss this topic in detail.

The book has few mentions the people who faced the challenge of loneliness, overcome it and then help other people to face it by forming groups at the local levels (schools, colleges or neighborhood). Few of those groups nurtured in the global initiatives and helping people in various countries.

Have this book in your collection and read it slowly to do the self analysis.

***Must Buy***




Comments