Introducing - 100pagesdaily

29th June 2020

 It is midnight 2:30 (can say early morning also since clock is telling me it is "AM"). I will wake up early today to have my regular office routine, yes, from my home. But I want to start something very important today before I try to squeeze my sleep in whatever time left.

 Finally after days of struggle with my laziness, shyness and needless over planning, today I am going to take this first step on the journey of doing "what i like". Reading is my hobby since childhood. It started from Hindi comics in late 80s and early 90s and ever growing since then. During last 5 years or so I found this desire in me to promote reading as necessary part of life. So today I am going to tell myself that... "Here I go".

 Along with this urge of reading, I don't know when and why, the feeling of asking others to read also developed in me. I indirectly started pushing my office mates to read. Some people picked technical books, other found solace in business one and a few gravitated towards personal finance. But in all I felt very satisfied with the outcome, though no-one never acknowledged or credited me, so it is a result of self-analysis which may be wrong also.

 But today, right now, I am going to start this journey to ask other people to come and join me. I want to invite others also to read as much as you can. I don't know if ever it will become a movement or this blog page will lost in the galaxy of millions or billions of blogs and webpages, but I want to give it a serious try.

My target is (for all of us) to:

* Read 100 pages daily#. Size of the page and font along with complexity of the writing is what I am not taking into consideration.

* Ask at least 5 people to join this.

* Continue with my regular life like working, supporting family and spending time with friends (if COVID situation in your country is allowing it and if yes, then do it responsibly).

* Promote this cause and share the feedback on the books also.

* Distribute books (weaker section of society and countries facing different kind of challenges)

* Bring people close to the books so that they find solace in the reading.

# 100 pages daily is the target only. Some of us may find it very hard to achieve because of their commitment towards family, work, society, other hobby or something else. But I want all of us to spend more time with the books.

Please share your ideas on this page (in the comment section)

Developers please help me in developing a website to support this cause.

Comments